Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wednesday Feb. 10th

I feel much better today. I made myself a big breakfast sandwich consisting of wheat toast, two eggs, two plain sausage patties and some mild cheddar cheese. I started the griddle and warmed it up to 300 degrees. I threw on the patties to brown (they are pre-cooked), applied some canola cooking spray to the griddle and mixed the two eggs together. I have one of those Magic Bullets, which is like a small blender. I love it for mixing and chopping small stuff. Eggs beat real nice with a couple pulses, and it cleans up nice and quick.
I poured the eggs on the griddle in a somewhat square fashion so the eggs will fold nicely on toast. I sprinkled some McCormick Perfect Pinch Original on the eggs along with a little ground black pepper. This gives the eggs a little extra oomph in the flavor department.With the eggs spread out, they cook quite fast and I am ready to flip it. The spray makes it not stick, plus I use a Teflon coated griddle. Once flipped, I place about a 1/4 cup of the cheddar cheese to a quarter section of the eggs for folding purposes. The cheese is from Sargento and is pre-shredded in the package. Makes life a little easier to just grab a bag of shredded cheese and spread it on instead of having to slice or shred by hand. Plus the shredded cheese melts faster than sliced.
The sausage was cooked, the toast just popped out of the toaster and I start making my sandwich. I applied a little butter to the toast. placed the sausage on the cheese. Folded the eggs once over the sausage and again over itself and scooped it up and placed it on the toast. Put on the top and start enjoying.
This didn't really take that long to make. The eggs cook fast, the sausage just needs warming, and the rest is simple. Give it a try. You'll love it.

No comments: